Postpartum Doulas provides non-medical physical, and emotional support as well as valuable informational assistance. We are trained in assisting families during the postpartum period and up to a year following childbirth.
Services can include but are not limited to:
- help assist with the care and feeding of your new baby, including bathing, and comfort measures
- supports birthing person by ensuring they have enough nourishment and rest
- assist and support entire family adjustment, including sibling emotions
- light housekeeping including laundry, household organization and tidying
- grocery shopping/errands (additional fee may apply)
- light meal preparation and snack preparation
- answer daily questions and concerns with evidence based research
- provide community resources
- provide information on infant development and care
- validates emotions and offers encouragement and reassurance
Postpartum doulas help each family ease into the transition of parenthood or into a growing family, offering guidance and support in a professional, caring manner.